Medical Weight Loss Management
Medical Weight Management Program
Weight management is a challenge for everyone. An individualized approach to weight loss is essential because we are all different in genetic make-up, lifestyle, behaviors, and physical activity.
By using the most current methods and medical monitoring, Dr. Brovant and the team of weight management program professionals can help people lose weight safely.
This program combines the expertise of our providers to provide a comprehensive approach to the medical management of obesity.
The St. Louis Weight Loss Secret Program’s emphasizes helping individuals achieve a healthy lifestyle. This is based on the following principles:
- Obesity is a disease that requires long-term treatment for successful management.
- Health benefits are associated with even a modest amount of weight loss (5 to 10 percent or more of one’s body weight), as long as it is maintained.
- Changes in eating habits are essential for weight loss.
- Sleeping well is essential for long term success with this program
- Physical activity is important for long-term weight management success.
Gradual weight loss will be achieved by following a structured, meal plan that includes meal replacement products.
- Specialty providers will medically monitor treatment.
- Clients will learn to gradually increase the number of minutes they engage in physical activity.
- Clients will learn weight loss skills as well as strategies for long-term weight maintenance, by adopting a healthier lifestyle that can be kept up in the long-term.
Weight Management Services
- Medical monitoring and physician supervision
- Individualized behavioral educational modification sessions to help form life-long healthy eating habits and lifestyle changes
- Emotional support and encouragement from team members
- Nutrition lessons to educate members about healthy grocery shopping, menu planning, portion size and nutrient content
- Physical activity educational modules to explain all aspects of exercise and to tailor programs for each client
- Meal plans and meal replacements
- Develop an individual long-term maintenance program that can sustain your benefits indefinitely.
- Drug therapy, supervised by experienced providers, for those desiring to achieve their weight management goals
- IV vitamin replacement therapy is available to optimize the nutritional metabolic changes being pursued.
Before joining the Weight Management Program, an initial screening is scheduled. Prior to that visit, the client will be asked to complete a food diary, food frequency form and medical assessment, which can be filled out in advance. The initial screening takes about 45 minutes and is free and includes a detailed nutritional evaluation.
Many people who lose weight tend to regain it over time. For this reason, the ability to sustain that loss is just as important as the initial weight loss itself. Staff members teach the skills and habits necessary to help maintain weight loss and achieve realistic goals. Even moderate long-term decreases in body weight — five to 10 percent of initial body weight — can result in considerable metabolic health benefits.
Practice shall also provide client with the following non-Medical services, which are complementary to our members in the course of care:
Our providers are trained to recognize medical conditions related to excessive weight and weight loss and to monitor changes in client health. Regular medical monitoring helps reduce health risks related to weight loss and enables the staff to make appropriate adjustments to a client’s treatment. At times, the providers here at the practice will recommend laboratory evaluations that you will have to coordinate through your primary care physician. These may include but not limited to; CMP, CBC, HSCRP, TSH, A1C, Glucose, Insulin, Lipids, Homocysteine, Vit D. Client is responsible for all costs of this laboratory testing, and specimen analysis, which are not listed under included medical services.
With the help of the behavioral staff clients will learn to:
- Develop healthier behaviors.
- Identify triggers.
- Assess their environment.
- Make positive lifestyle choices.
- Establish an encouraging support group.
Nutritional education provided by providers will teach clients how to make healthier eating choices through individualized meal planning. Clients will also learn the importance of identifying environmental factors that influence weight gain and how to change their surrounding environment to support ongoing weight control. Individual consultations with clients are provided for meal planning.
A physically active lifestyle is an essential component in metabolic health and weight management. Our providers provide guidance in establishing a safe and effective physical activity routine that best suits each client.